About Dr. Laci Namken
Dr. Laci Namken graduated in 2010 with her Bachelor of Science degree in Healthcare Management from Bellevue University. She went on to study at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and completed her Masters in Audiology in 2013 and received her Doctorate in Audiology in 2014. She has previously worked at the Omaha VA and has training in tinnitus management solutions.
As an audiologist, her passion is helping people overcome the challenges of hearing loss and tinnitus as well as spread awareness of the importance of hearing protection from loud noises. She is dedicated to improving quality of life that hearing impairment can impact.
Audiologist vs Hearing Instrument Specialist
- Doctorate-level degree from an accredited university (8 years of post-secondary education)
- Training is focused on the medical, diagnostic and rehabilitative aspects of hearing loss and balance which includes, but is not limited to, hearing aids and other technological devices.
- To be licensed, must pass a national, standardized exam and the completion of over 2000 hours of supervised clinical experience prior to applying for licensure by the state.
Hearing Instrument Specialist
- In Nebraska, requires only a high school degree or equivalent and a score of 70% or better on basic written and practical examination
- Trained to perform basic hearing testing solely for selling hearing aids